My lemon tree is blooming-last year it didn't!
I know that it is one of the 'lesser' commandments (is there such a thing as 'lesser' commandments; I like to think so); but surely we get credit for trying. Anyone who know us, should know that we have tried year after year to follow the prophet and "plant a garden". Some years we have been moderately successful and some years we have been dismally unsuccessful. Our most beautiful and successful garden was devastated when a tornado managed to lay the top half of a pine tree all the way across it one spring. (Paul and I both slept through that one.) Last year we produced 3 peapods-each worth about $1.79 each so believe me they were premium. But we are eternally optimistic. This year we have planted tomatoes, green beans, green onions, brussel sprouts, peppers, yellow squash, and an herb garden. Frankly, if we get a dozen tomatoes out of it, it will be worth it. I would encourage everyone to plant something. There is something about watching it grow, taking care of it and eating what you produce that gives you a great feeling. Good Luck! HERE WE GO AGAIN!
YELLOW SQUASH, PEPPERS, BRUSSEL SPROUTS
ITALIAN PARSLEY, PARSLEY, CHIVES, LIME BASIL, BASIL AND OREGANO
9 comments:
I love your gardening spirit and will live vicariously through you until we can plant again. Oh, and I be over as soon as the harvest begins!
All in all, you've been fairly successful in your gardening, I think. Gotta love the yard-candy. Good Luck!
I love it. You know it snowed here today. I would love to have a garden. Maybe this year I can start. Love and miss you.
I have real garden-envy looking at your beautiful garden. When I look out on my garden all I see is white, white, white--just eternal whiteness.....Sometimes I really miss Texas!
I am jealous...yummy garden food and flowering lemon trees!...I must admit though that if your brussel sprouts are productive I won't be sad to miss a family dinner or two. You might be able to count on the grandkids staying out of those, at least.
My hopes are that at some point I can plant a garden also. You have worked hard. I hope everything grows. I love the tomatoes.
good job mom! i hope they don't die...most likely! haha just kidding! they look great :)
Don't tell me how hard a time you've had at planting a garden. I'm trying very hard this year (for the first time ever) with peas, tomatoes, and strawberries. And, I'm praying.
Good luck!
Jenny Lee went tio the cabin this morning. He came back said there was so much snow up there. and they closed Henrys Flat after he got through, Island Park. Ashton this moring was 36. So anyway your gardening looks so good Hope I can take a page out and do something. We did work in the back yard for about 3 hours yesterday. And today the wind. Missing You
Post a Comment