I love having Ethan at home. True, I hardly ever get to use my car. And, true, he is always hungry but....he makes me laugh, he is a wonderful brother to Sadie, he makes me CD's, he helps me babysit- or sitbaby, as little Jenny calls it-, he plays with the cat (or tortures-its a fine line), he does what he is asked to do-if there is time, he will even weed-under pressure-, he adds a wonderful spirit to our home and he is always sensitive to my moods-which can be varied.
What a blessing it is to have a grown son live at home and get to spend time with him. I know he is anxious to move on and will soon be doing so; and I too, want him to have those opportunities. I will miss him. Sadie will miss him. His Dad will miss him.
Last night, as I am cleaning up dinner and talking to Ethan, (take note, I am cleaning and Ethan is talking!) my elbow hit the pan on the stove that still had cauliflower in it. I can't get to it but Ethan with go-go-gadget arms reaches out and catches it before it hits the floor and before it spills. (WOW! Was that superman?) He saved the day or at least the cauliflower and the floor. I will miss the acts of super power-especially flying across my bed- but most of all I will miss the conversations.
Ethan is a positive, up-lifting person, there is much ahead for him. Have a wonderful journey. GO WEST, YOUNG MAN! I love you.
6 comments:
Oh, I remember those days and I miss being at home with my parents. I'm so glad that you are getting to spend some quality time with him because it is those memories that I still look back on.
OH, I love Ethie too! You are both lucky. This is so amazing to keep close to your family even if it is through blogging. Jenny, come see me!
Love,
Verlinda
This is such a nice tribute. It is great to have a close family.
Hear! Hear! I second Mom on all accounts. Good luck with your fast approaching westward journey! You'll do great.
Yeah, Ethan is pretty cool. I wish we were going to be here longer to welcome him to the West!
Ethan's okay...I guess... Just Kidding! This kid is FANTASTIC! He is always thoughtful of the little people (me and the kids). You will me so very missed.
Post a Comment