Well, we have made our springtime pilgrimage to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. It was especially fun this year to have Chris with us. We somewhat tried to dress appropriately but our stock of western wear is lacking. Paul wanted to wear shorts but Sadie insisted he wear his "cool" jeans so , of course, he wore his boots. (They deserve to be worn once a year!) and off we went.
There are some down sides to going to the rodeo. The hordes of people. The masses of people. Did I mention the thousands of people? As we entered the stadium, for the concert, we also entered with thousands of people. I felt like we were cows being herded along. But even worse was the maze to get back on the bus to take you back to the parking lot. Thousands of people pressed into a maze and waiting and waiting. I truly expected to receive a nice big piece of cheese when we successfully made it through.
Hooray! for the up side of the rodeo. Brad Paisley gave an amazing concert-he is one of my personal favorites-it was wonderful. The actual rodeo is very entertaining. You laugh in the calf scramble, gasp at the bull riding and cheer for the barrel racers. The shopping opportunites are varied and vast, and of course, the FOOD! I really need to write an ode to the food. Yes, we ate funnel cakes, cookies and creams in a waffle cone, peanuts and the beloved dippin dots. We couldn't eat it all, so we missed the sausage on a stick, cheesecake on a stick, the barbecue and the turkey legs. I looked for the okra but couldn't find it-maybe next year. All in all it was great. We came home satisfied and the pilgrimage was a happy one.
There are some down sides to going to the rodeo. The hordes of people. The masses of people. Did I mention the thousands of people? As we entered the stadium, for the concert, we also entered with thousands of people. I felt like we were cows being herded along. But even worse was the maze to get back on the bus to take you back to the parking lot. Thousands of people pressed into a maze and waiting and waiting. I truly expected to receive a nice big piece of cheese when we successfully made it through.
Hooray! for the up side of the rodeo. Brad Paisley gave an amazing concert-he is one of my personal favorites-it was wonderful. The actual rodeo is very entertaining. You laugh in the calf scramble, gasp at the bull riding and cheer for the barrel racers. The shopping opportunites are varied and vast, and of course, the FOOD! I really need to write an ode to the food. Yes, we ate funnel cakes, cookies and creams in a waffle cone, peanuts and the beloved dippin dots. We couldn't eat it all, so we missed the sausage on a stick, cheesecake on a stick, the barbecue and the turkey legs. I looked for the okra but couldn't find it-maybe next year. All in all it was great. We came home satisfied and the pilgrimage was a happy one.

7 comments:
Sounds great! Wish I was there - should have given me Sadie's ticket. You should have left Sadie home alone to watch reruns on tv. Maybe next year!
I am glad you guys had fun. Mom will need to visit you next year at the same time!
I really should have done that. I don't even like Sadie. You are one of my favorite children. The only exception is Ethan. He is my favorite of all time!!! You can't even compare to his stature!
boo hoo, sniff sniff. Could you reach the knife in my back? You are a cruel mother.
You got to see Brad Paisley?! He is one of my all-time favorites. It sounds like you had a great time and there is simply nothing as good as rodeo/fair food.
Thank you Ethan for replying as me. I hope you know that all my children think they are my favorite. That is what a mother does!
OH, I am laughing hysterically. I thought, Jenny, how could you put that in writing!!!!!! Then Clark's comment and I am still laughing. Look what we have to look forward to raising another generation of boys! But yours are the best. I opened you blog and saw a picture of one handsome dude and nearly fell off my chair! Oh the rodeo, my favorite place to be, men in wranglers, cowboy hats, boots, did I mention men in wrangler?
Stop slobbering Verlinda.
Post a Comment