Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ANGELS AMOUNG US

The other day, I was leaving WalMart after doing some shopping. I was parked kind of far from the store on one side but you know WalMart-it was still crowded. I stopped at the back of the car to open the trunk and put in my bags. In the middle of putting in my bags, I suddenly reached from one end of the cart to the other and grabbed my purse. There was no thought or prompting that came to me-I just did it. I looked up and saw a young man walking in my direction. I proceeded to finish my loading and get into my car. He proceeded to walk past me. It wasn't until I got into my car (and locked it!) that I was promted that he was going to take my purse. The Lord had not prompted me in what to do; He moved my body to take action. I sat in my car for awhile, saying a prayer of gratitude and realizing that as often as I pray for safety and protection-that I take it for granted. I think that when the time comes and we are made aware of the many times the Lord took care of us-we will be amazed and humbled. I am much more careful now to thoughtfully ask for safety and protection and to say 'thank you' even when I didn't see it happen right before my eyes.

6 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I love those "phew" moments when we realize that we have actually avoided something bad because we did something right. Thanks for sharing, what a great reminder to listen to ALL those promptings from the Spirit. We are counting down days until we get to see you guys! And Mia likes to tell everyone we meet that at Christmas we are going to a wedding on an airplane and wearing fancy dresses.

meg said...

I can't decide if I want to know all of those "close calls" or if I'd rather not know. So glad that nothing happeded!!

TD said...

I am so glad that you are OK! I do think that there are many moments that we are protected. It is a reminder that we need to say thankyou at the end of the day even though we may not realize what protection we had.

enginerd said...

ditto on all accounts!

JJ said...

So glad that the angels are watching out for you. Love ya!

vk said...

See Jenny, that sounds just like President Hollands talk. Of course, you would be the one worthy of the help. I would probably be laying dead in the parking lot!!!!! Love you new blog and you and I will keep up this communication......

Love,
Verlinda