Well, it is official and it is happening faster than we would like. Janet and Randy (Paul's sister and husband) are retiring!!!! Or should I say retired! Randy's last day at the office was last Thursday and last night we went to a retirement party. They are selling their house and moving up to Utah. I know that we are family and we will always be close but now they won't be 'close by'. After all these years-25-it seems like we didn't do enough, didn't call enough, didn't see each other enough; but I don't know if that is possible. I am very happy for them-Scharman and Kevin and their families both live in Alpine (where Janet and Randy already own a home!). Randy's mom and Janet's mom both live there. And this has been the plan for a long time. I'm just a little sad for me. I will miss their closeness. Change is good--right? That doesn't mean I have to like it!
Blogs are still a thing right?
8 months ago
5 comments:
Ah Jenny, life is filled with these difficult times. Maybe it means that you all will come this way a little bit more. I know how much you will miss them. THey have been a big part of your life and will continue to be. I just saw Emily's blog and I am crying. You have an impressive and dear family. We are all lucky because of you guys.
Love,
Verlinda
Such a sad thing for you but, as a child that lives far from my parents, I understand the joy in their kids' faces. How exciting for them to be by some of their children and grandchildren. What I wouldn't give...
If you ever want to come and visit, I have a guest room for you.
That is the worst picture - EVER!! I don't like you anymore.
Aunt Jen,
Reading your post is bringing out my emotions all over again! This past weekend journeying back to Humble caused much reflection. I think I was trying to focus on the retiring part and not on the upcoming move to Utah part. My heart is joyful as I was able to witness 25 years of a beautiful life well lived by my parents. It's a hard end to a beautiful era of my life and honestly I am grieving. I feel like I just attended a funeral this past weekend, but I had to keep it inside and not show all of my emotion or I might have been a blubbery mess!
I consider it a huge blessing in my life to have grown up "down the street" from your family. I loved our family time--time with you was such an important part to so very many of the childhood memories I treasure most.
Thank you Aunt Jen. I love you, Uncle Paul and your family and I treasure our relationships.
Jen and Paul, We can hardly imagine life without you near. Your sentiments so reflect mine. We are so grateful that you were willing to document the evening of the retirement party, thank you! You are so dear to us and our minds are filled with so many fond memories it is being hard to move on. I am not as excited as I once was when it was in the future, now it seems too soon. I do not have the vocabulary necessary to express my feelings adequately. All I can say is Thank you for your love. Janet and Randy
Post a Comment